Welcome to Spring 2!
Our topic this term is On the farm…
- As young geographers, we will be exploring our locality making observations about the human and physical features we see. We will look at physical and digital maps, use keys and plan routes and exploring compass directions.
- As young scientists, we will be learning about plants; how they grow and what they need to survive as well as learning about the importance of wildflowers. We will learn about deciduous and evergreen trees and explore their differences as well as their similarities. We will make observations and record our findings.
- As part of our design and technology learning this term, we will be looking at structures; we will design, make and evaluate a play farm structure having taken inspiration from the human features around us.
- In our English sessions, we will be writing character descriptions, diary entries, recounts and writing our very own stories based around our new whole class reading book, Jim and the beanstalk. It’s a beautifully simple book and we’ll be using it to explore the grammar and punctuation features appropriate for year 1 and 2.
- This term as young mathematicians, we particularly focus on shape, fractions and position and direction this term with year 2s making good progress with learning their 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
There’s lots going on and even more to learn that I’ve mentioned; it’s going to be a fun and exciting half term so I hope the children enjoy themselves.